Sunday 1 March 2009

rest the legs, work the brain...

It’s all been a bit quite in the world of Josh in terms of cycling this week. The last 2 months I’ve been training like a machine and my fitness has gradually been increasing. I now have a great base fitness however my body is now ready for a bit of a rest so this week I’ve mainly been resting or spinning around in the small chain ring, unheard of for me! Its doing me good though, may be I should do it more often…


University work has also been building up. Its 4 weeks until my final course work deadline and I’m counting down the days! Unfortunately it does mean I do actually need to do some work first. My final project is based around designing a system. Initially I was going to tackle the issues of genetic doping in sports, however after a number of extremely scientific and confusing conversations with some experts in the field I soon changed my mind, I am doing a product design degree not a genetics degree after all!

So now my project is still focused on drug testing in sports however now I am re-designing the current system used to collect urine samples for drug testing. It’s not the most glamorous subject but still pretty interesting.

I’d rather be riding my bike though!

No comments: