Friday 8 April 2011

A whirlwind...

Since I moved to Brighton 4 weeks ago life has been a bit crazy. It seemed like I waited forever towards the end of 2010 for things to change and now all of a sudden everything is moving at 100mph!

Since the start of the year I've not been settled in the same place for more than a few weeks at a time. I've been to Gran Caneria for a week then home for 10days then to Spain for 3 weeks training followed by a week stage race and then as soon as I arrived home I moved to Brighton. Once in Brighton I was training, looking for a job, racing and trying to sort all the other stuff which crops up when you move town.

The last few weeks though things have become more settled. I now have a part time job in a Brighton bike shop, I'm getting to know the city and meet people and most importantly learning the awesome Mtb trails around town. Life in Brighton is good, you just cant beat riding back from work along the seafront in the sunshine.



Now that the whirlwind of the last few months has finally settled there is only one thing to do.... START IT UP AGAIN!
Tomorrow I fly out to Spain again for a race on sunday and a final pre national 24 training camp. The race is called El Desafio Del Buda and is a 75km Spanish cup marathon. It will be interesting to see how i shape up against the top Spanish riders.


After the race I am once again heading to one of my favorite places in the world, Lanjaron. I will be staying with the guys at Freeride Spain again and I am looking forward to some proper training again after 4 weeks of short hard intervals and xc racing. 6h rides in the mountains are so much better than intervals... they suck!

This is what I will be riding next week....

Freeride Spain Pt:4 from Josh Ibbett on Vimeo.



I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

No comments: