Tuesday 30 August 2011

What a disaster!


Disastrous... that's the best way to sum up the past few weeks.

I finished off all my route recceing on the south downs double and was ready to hit the end of season races hard to get some top end form and I went and caught a bloody cold. It went straight to my chest and seemed to sap all energy out my body.

I still decided to try and race the Brighton Bigdog, my local race and one I was well up for. I survived 3 laps before pulling the plug, no power, chest full of flem and a sore head. Not good.

This weekend I was due to ride the Torq 12 in a pair. I hadn't ridden my bike for a week and still felt like shit so had to pull out of that. Not good 2.

Next week is the Kielder 100. Unfortunately I seem to run out of energy after 2hours and am climbing like a brick so I'm going to have to pull out of that too. Not good 3!

Hopefully I can get over this illness in the next week or so. That way I may have a fighting chance of being fighting fit for a double attempt before the end of September.



On a positive note I nailed my start at the Brighton big dog... the first time i haven't cocked it up this year!!!!!

No comments: