Sunday 25 January 2009

feeling good...

This week was a good week... a very good one.

After a bit of a sketchy start with more knee related worries it turned out good. The knee is feeling great again. A bit more physio and stretching was required but now it’s sorted. It did mean that I decided early on in the week to skip this weekend’s student cyclo cross championships, but I more than made up for it.

The numbers are progressing nicely when I do my sessions on the rollers and I’m feeling stronger every week, I will be flying come the races! ;)
The weekend was great. Lovely weather just encourages you to get out and ride. On Saturday I went for a nice spin along the coast on my road bike, 4h later I got home… it’s to easy to get carried away when the sun is shining!

Sunday I decided to do a ride that I’ve been doing for the last few weeks but have avoided it due to my knee issues. I rode out from Cardiff to Cwm carn. The loop takes around 6hours with at least 5 substantial climbs. I felt surprisingly good after a fairly heavy week and it was nice to get out in the hills and enjoy the valleys! Here are a few photos from the ride (camera phone quality unfortunately!)



Now I think I deserve a rest this week... maybe even venture out on the town for the first time since November (for a few lemonades!!!!!)!





No comments: