Sunday 15 February 2009

Cobbles!

This week has been pretty relaxed. After last weeks efforts the legs were pretty heavy so I spent the majority of the week either resting or spinning easy.

On Wednesday I went for a ride with my mate Matt from uni. We rode over to Llantrisant and muck around on the cobbled walkway climbs for a bit. The complete climb takes around 5mins and has some super steep sections. Some of the UK’s top roadies have been know to struggle up the climb, which might be some consolation to Matt! (See pic!!).


By the weekend I decided to get my arse back into gear especially as the weather has finally cleared. It almost felt like spring at times… a tropical 7 degrees! Saturday I went for a 3h spin with a good 10min climb. My lungs didn’t enjoy it very much and the legs certainly felt it once I got home.

Today was the local clubs 100mile reliability ride. I sulked at the back for the first 1h as my legs hurt but after the climb over the Brecon Beacons they felt fine so I sat on the front going through and off for the rest of the ride. 100miles in 5h… not bad for a days work.

Next week I begin another block of hardcore training. Plenty of time on the rollers hurting my self in preparation for the first races of the year… bring it on!

No comments: