Tuesday 8 February 2011

Freeride Spain

Warm weather training part 2 has begun... the Sierra Nevada mountains in southern Spain the location.

I am staying with Simon and Emma from Freeride Spain. This place is amazing, silky smooth mountain roads and rough rocky technical single track descents. The perfect training location for mountain bikers, o and its sunny!

I'm basing my training on 4 day blocks. The first day is on the road bike riding tempo for 3h. Rather handily there is a nice long loop right from the door which takes in the valley road then climbs to just under 2000m on silky smooth roads before an amazing descent back home. It certainly beats flat Cambridgeshire. The next 2 days are long days of z2 riding on the mountain bike. The trails here are amazing and each long climb is rewarded with a hard techy descent. The last day of the block is a rest day. Then the whole process begins again and is repeated for 3 weeks! The 4th week of my trip will include a 6 day stage race with team mate Ben Thomas... I cant wait.

Videos to follow when I find some speedy internet...

No comments: