Sunday 21 December 2008

and relax.......

The last few weeks have been a bit hectic with all the uni work building up. In the end I've had to back off cycling for a week or so as I was beginning to dig my self a bit of a hole. It’s a shame as I was training really well. The last week all the stress finally caught up with me and I have managed to pick up a chest infection off one of my course mates....cheers! Unfortunately it meant that I had to miss the final round of the welsh Cyclocross series which was a shame as I was really looking forward to racing in Cardiff, but I’m now back home for some recovery.

Today I gave in and ventured onto the rollers for a 30min spin which helped clear my chest a bit. Fingers crossed it will clear a bit over the next few days and I can get in some easy rides on the road. I guess every cloud has a silver lining though so at least the legs will be fresh ready to hit the new years training hard!

I have some big rides planned in the first few weeks of January before the BUCS (student) Cyclocross championships at the end of the month, where hopefully I can get a good result.

Before all that though it’s Christmas. I'm doing my best to avoid eating to many mince pies and chocolates..... Unfortunalty I appear to be failing!!

Happy Christmas and New Year... bring on 2009!

No comments: