Sunday 14 June 2009

and ...... relax!

This week I’ve been relaxing. My body took a real pounding at Bristol 12 so needed some time to recover. I took until Wednesday before I could walk up the stairs with out a short rest to ease the pain at the top!

Early on in the week I had a few spins on the rollers just to keep the legs ticking over and aid recovery. I also managed to do some partying! Probably not good for the body but defiantly good for the head. I won’t be a student for much longer so I’m making the most of it while I can.

This weekend I went for a couple of nice spin in the lanes around Cardiff. No rush, no aim just enjoying the sun.

The next few weeks will see lots of changes for me. At the end of next week I collect my degree results then leave Cardiff for good. I begin my new job working for my Dad the following week. Lots of big lifestyle changes will take their toll to begin with so I have no firm plans regarding training for the rest of this month.

The build up to 24/12 begins in earnest on the 1st of July when I start the 5 day Ras de Cymru road race based in Newport. It will no doubt be 5 days of pain as I get smashed around the hills of South Wales, but as the saying goes… What doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger!

No comments: